CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy August!

Hi again! It's been about a month since my last post, but there's not much new to tell! I am officially through the first trimester (almost 15 weeks now) and feeling much more like myself these days. Thankfully, the 'morning' sickness which was with me day after day has passed. It's certainly a welcome change!

Baby has grown to the size a lemon now. It's amazing to think something so small is living and growing inside of me. According to my resources, baby now has moving arms and legs and functioning organs. He/she can move facial muscles to squint and groan and may even be sucking his/her thumb. Wow!

We had a general check-up this past Friday. All is looking good, and baby's heart rate was at 130. At my 7-week ultrasound it was 147, but my Dr. said it's perfectly normal for the heart rate to change. There's some speculation that the heart rate can predict the baby's sex, so of course I had to ask. Statistics show that girls generally have higher heart rates while boys tend to be on the low end (low being in the 120s), but it is certainly not a perfect science. My Dr. told us herself that she has a son and a daughter, and BOTH of their heart rates were in the 150s. She said we were right in the middle of the 'normal' range so she wouldn't even make a guess! Our next general check-up is Sept. 6th, and Sept. 24th we have the BIG ultrasound. Assuming baby cooperates we will find out that day whether we'll have a little girl or boy. Our poll is showing 'boy' in the lead so we'll see how many of you guessed right!

My biggest challenge lately has been adjusting my wardrobe. I'm definately in that 'in-between' phase where most of my normal clothes don't really fit (especially my work clothes), but most maternity clothes are a little too big. I can make myself look more or less pregnant depending on what I wear, but there's not much 'showing' just yet.

In other news, there's not much! Not like us to say that right?! We had so much going through the months of June and July that August has been our month to just stay home (or in the state of Wisconsin at least)! We bought kayaks in early July so we've taken them out a few times (Colin more than I). We've also been enjoying time with friends in the area and relaxing at home. Labor Day weekend we're heading to Port Huron, MI for my friend Jen's wedding. I'm standing as a bridesmaid for her, and so far, my dress still fits (though I do have my emergency seamstress on stand-by!)

No new pictures this time. Hope everyone has a great last few weeks of summer. It's been hot in Wisconsin, and we just had our first rain last night in over a month. This is the time of year I always start looking forward to fall - we'll be counting down 'til September 24th this year =) Until next time...

4 comments:

autumn said...

Stacey, if you guys feel up to it or even have time,,,give us a call. were only 40 min south of port huron. Abe would love to meet you guys,,,autumn

Anonymous said...

Only 70 days until you have the baby, that seems so short looking at it that way!!! Ahhh, I can't wait!!!!

Auntie Shanaynay =)

Anonymous said...

whoops, i had a few drinks when i wrote that last post! i meant 170 days! ;)

Danielle said...

Thanks for the laugh Shannon.
Enjoying the blog.
Kevin & Danielle

Post a Comment