CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 6, 2007

18 Weeks!

Almost halfway there! We're well into our second trimester and feeling great. Occasional heartburn (have a feeling this isn't going away), but no more nausea! Yeah! Baby continues to grow, and it's becoming more obvious as each day passes (as my belly grows too). My Babycenter resources say baby is about 5 1/2 inches long now, or the size of a large sweet potato (of course there's a fruit or vegetable comparison!)

I had a general check-up with the Dr. today, and everything looks good. For the past week or so, I think I've felt little flutters/movement though it hasn't been real consistent or obvious yet. Today while listening to the heart beat, baby was moving so much we couldn't measure long enough to get a consistent rate! My Dr. said it's probably a good thing I'm not feeling everything yet because we have an active little one! We called the heart rate 130-140 - pretty much consistent with our last check-up.

Our next appointment is the 24th, and it is our ultrasound! I am so excited - the next 2 1/2 weeks will not go fast enough!

These last few weeks we've had some other fun events...

First, our friends Brad and Brooke Spindler welcomed their new baby girl, Rylee Dawn, on August 10th. She is a little beauty and has brought a lot of joy and excitement to their whole family over the past 4 weeks! We're looking forward to seeing them again and meeting Rylee very soon.

On August 19th, we went to the baptism of Haylie Carlson. Ryan and Kellie (Haylie's mom and dad) have been friends of ours for several years, and they live here in the Green Bay area. We are also god parents to Haylie's big brother, Noah. Here are a few pictures from our day with the Carlson family.

Ryan, Kellie, and Haylie (just as calm as she was during the baptism)



Colin and I with Noah (who wasn't having to much fun with this picture taking!)



This past (Labor Day) weekend we had a great time with friends in Port Huron, MI. My wonderful friend, Jen Conger, married her companion, Matt Leustek, and I was honored to be a part of their wedding party. These two are so cute together - their best man had a great line in his speech saying that they are one of those few couples who can have a detailed conversation on the inner workings of a CAT diesel engine (they're both engineers for Caterpillar) - now that's LOVE! While in Michigan we were also able to spend time with my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Les who graciously gave us bed and breakfast hospitality for 2 nights (thank you!). I also met our friends Dan and Autumn Moore for lunch on Saturday. I got to meet their little guy, Abe, for the first time as well. The wedding, reception, weather, and time with family and friends - the entire weekend as a whole was great - made the 9 hour drive home on Sunday well worth it! Here are a few pics from the wedding weekend...

Jen's beautiful dress



The four of us at the reception



Abrum Moore posing with his dad

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You forgot to add in your blog....

Sara and Stephanie did a great job housesitting for us while we were gone to the wedding..... ;)

autumn moore said...

that is the cutest baby ever! ok,,so im a little biased,,im his mom!! stacey, it was great seeing you! i love the "baby blog". thinking of you! autumn

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, I was just wondering if you were ever going to post a picture of the mommy and the status of her belly??

Sara :)

Brooke said...

Just checking to see if you posted the sex of that baby yet! We are so excited to find out! I'll keep checking until we hear from you.
Brooke

Post a Comment