CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Date Night

This past Friday Colin and I went on our first 'date' since Ellie was born. The college that he works at had a formal end-of-the-year banquet for the graduating seniors, so we got to get all dressed up and go out for a night. A friend of ours also had a going-away party the same night, so after the banquet we went there for a bit. My Mom and Dad came down and spent the night with Ellie as well so we were able to have a fun night out without worries. Dinner and drinks capped off with a full-night's sleep - a new Mom and Dad's dream! =)

Dressed up on our date night





AND, on the subject of sleep...Ellie had a big milestone last night - she slept through the night!! She slept straight from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am - I couldn't believe it when I woke up before her! And when she got up at 5:00, it was a quick bottle and back to sleep 'til 7:00. You know you're a new parent when sleeping in 'til 7:00 am is so exciting! I'm not going to get my hopes up too high just yet as it was just one night, but at least we know she CAN do it now. We'll see what tonight brings...

Our friends, the Goulets, came to visit on Saturday as well. They live just a few miles from us now so I'm sure we'll have a few more get-togethers with the warmer weather just around the corner. We're also very excited to have two future babysitters so close by! =) Ellie wasn't too social with the company though - she slept the entire time!

Lauren and Ellie



Hannah and Ellie



Hanging out on the floor

5 comments:

Ms. Boyer said...

You looked beautiful Stac! So excited that you guys are coming here next weekend!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Space... you both look great. I like your accessories. Ellie of course looks cute too! I can't wait to see you guys... miss u!

Besos,
Sara :)

Sue said...

So excited for you - nothing like a full night sleep! Go Ellie!! Can't wait to see her flowery room.

Anonymous said...

I like the family picture! cute :)

Steph

Brooke, Scott and Madelyn said...

You look great! :) Yeah, we will be getting another chance to find out at 30 weeks, which is the first week of June. I'm feeling "girl" now though, so we'll see...

Post a Comment