Saturday afternoon, Ellie and I and Auntie Shannon drove up to Escanaba to meet the Moms, Daughters, Aunts, and Cousins in our family for dinner. This has become a tradition for our family, and this year we had 13 ladies able to make it. Dinner was great, and Ellie was so good as she made her way around the table on everyone's lap! =) Wouldn't you know, NOBODY had a camera except my Aunt Bev...mine was on the end table at home, where I put it so I wouldn't forget and then did anyway...we did get one picture thankfully (but we're still working on getting it off the camera!) =)
Sunday we drove back and just had a relaxing day at home. It was a perfect first Mother's Day weekend, spending time with Ellie, my Mom, God Mom, and Grandma...some of the most important Moms in my life.
Colin and Ellie got me flowers and a digital frame for my desk at work.

Sunday is always bath night too =)

My friend, Jennifer, also had an extra special Mother's Day, welcoming her new baby boy into this world! Jennifer and I have been 'job sharing' this whole year (one of our coworkers jokingly called us Stacifer and Jennecy since we're pretty much working together all the time)...in January she took on my project work before I went on maternity leave, then when I started back in April we transitioned everything back, and now she's out for the next 12 weeks. Everyone has commented on our planning - like it was done on purpose...I'm going to miss my buddy at work for the next 12 weeks, but at least she lives close so I can go visit at lunch! =) Congratulations to the Reinsel family, Jennifer, Chris, Andy (new big brother), and new baby Jack!

AND, we're also anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Max...anyday now...Mom's ready, come out, come out...we want to meet you! =) Maxwell Jeffrey has his own blog now too - new to my Friends and Family links.
4 comments:
Glad you got a bath shot!! :)
Glad you got a bath shot!! :)
Sounds like an awesome Mother's Day! Love the cheeks - can't wait to give them a squeeze.
Don't forget about the BBB on June 14th!
Post a Comment