It's been a rough week in the Pomeroy household...Ellie is still fighting off her first illness. It started last Saturday...I could tell she wasn't feeling well, wanting to be held a lot, sniffling, and watery eyes. We could not put her down. At 11:00 pm she had a 102 temperature, so we called the nurse, and she suggested we bring Ellie in if Tylenol didn't help. Well, at about 2:30 am, still with a fever, stuffy nose, and an 'I feel sick' cry we headed to the ER. At the time I felt like an over-reactive first-time parent, but I am glad we brought her in. We felt so bad because she was just inconsolable...nothing helped. The Dr. ruled out an ear or bladder infection, but thought it was a respiratory infection because of her high fever. We got back home around 4:30 am and proceeded to keep holding (1 hour shifts) until about 10:00 am. At about 10:30 am she was sleeping, I put her in the swing, and she stayed sleeping (at which point Colin and I both slept too!) Sunday was a long day, but she seemed to be feeling a little better by the evening (fever was gone thankfully). She slept in her crib Sunday night, but was still up 5 times. I stayed home with her on Monday, and by the end of the day she seemed pretty much back to normal. Tuesday she went to daycare and did well, minus a little stuffy nose yet. Wednesday she went to daycare, but by the afternoon she was coughing a lot. Wednesday night she was coughing so hard - it just sounded like it hurt - like it was coming from deep in her chest. So, today I am home with her again. We went to see her Pediatrician this morning. They did a chest X-ray, and after a little concern ruled out pneumonia (phew!) There was a little 'gray' area in her right lung which the Pediatrician wasn't sure about, so she had a Radiologist look at it and found it 'normal' (so that was the little conern). So, final ruling is just a nasty cold. It's been 6 days now so hopefully we're towards the end. Her stuffiness comes and goes and the coughing is still there, but not quite so frequent. She's been getting a lot of rest so hopefully her little immune system can kick into high gear! Thankfully, we have a nice long weekend ahead of us, so by next Tuesday we
should be back to normal - I hope!
I don't feel good Mom...

Ok, one little smile...

This table is slippery!

I'll just sit instead.
AND, despite our rough week with a sick, little girl, we did get some VERY good news on Wednesday - our house SOLD!!!!!! I haven't even mentioned this until now because I thought it would be a jinx, but it's been in progress for over a month now. On Wednesday, the paperwork was signed, so it's 100% official - hooray! So, if you're wondering, yes, we did have two houses for these past couple of months - certainly not ideal in this day's economy, but a chance we took and it's behind us now, thankfully. The couple that bought the house is the same couple that made the offer last Fall so we were glad things worked out for them too - they sold their house which made everything work. They are newly married, like we were when we bought it almost 6 years ago, so I'm sure they will love it as much as we did. As much as we love our new house, we did have a lot of great memories in that house too - basically our entire married life before Ellie...fun around the bonfire, in the new basement (bar), and lots of lawn bean bag! =) Colin will surely miss his bar and basement that he worked so hard on, but I know someday that'll be a project in this house as well. I will miss our wonderful neighbors, especially Pete and his garden - we'll actually have to BUY vegetables this summer! Good-bye old house, treat your new owners well!
7 comments:
Oh Ellie, I sure hope you are feeling better by this weekend. Can't wait to see you next :)
Sorry to hear Ellie's been so ill! It is stressful to have a sick baby... take them in, don't take them in - AHHH! We just took Brendan to the ER yesterday...thankfully they ruled it a lingering viral infection and not strep or mono - whew! Hope you have a fun weekend and we'll see you on the 31st!!
Poor girl! Love, hugs and kisses from Auntie Shan and Uncle Andy to get well soon!!!
Poor Ellie! And poor you, too.
You'll have to bring Ellie down to Nahma this weekend so we can meet her, if you're coming this way.
Sick babies are the worst :) I hope she is feeling better for her sake and for yours. I always pretend that Beau's immune system is getting stronger with each cold. I know she feels sick but she has the cutest grumpy face ever!
Nathan got sick a lot after he started day care, too. But now his immune system is rock solid-- not one illness this past winter. It's so tough to see your baby sick, but it'll be worth it when she's a very healthy toddler (especially if that coincides with pregnancy #2!).
Get well soon Ellie! You looked stuffed up in the first picture but still adorable as ever... Congrats on the house being sold as well. Besos from Spain... miss u all!
Post a Comment