CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

8 Months

Ellie is 8 months (almost 8 1/2 since I was slow to get this up!), and this last month was another one full of milestones. She's a crawling queen, getting anywhere and everywhere, and pretty darn quickly too! She's also standing up on everything, and even getting a little brave standing with one hand - oohh...She was standing up against our couch the other day and tried to turn around to go to the coffee table; she took a little digger in the process, but she's definately starting to show interest in moving on 2 feet. She moves around the coffee table little steps at a time. We've baby-proofed our house for the most part - shelves are bare because it was just easier to remove the temptation! She's giggling and laughing a lot, and her new thing is the 'eye smile'. She basically smiles as BIG as she can while opening her eyes real wide and raising her eyebrows. It's pretty funny! All four of her top front teeth are coming in right now, but with none of the pain and discomfort that the first two bottom teeth brought, which is really nice for all of us! Ellie's also decided in the last couple weeks that she no longer likes baby food. Give me the big kid stuff she says!! So, we've been experimenting with all kinds of table foods lately - both at home and at daycare. So far she really likes noodles, bananas, beans, yogurt, applesauce, hamburger casserole, chicken, cheese, cereal, grapes, pancakes, bread, and rice. I can usually sneak in some of the pureed foods as long as I mix it with something a little chunkier like noodles or rice. But, she's basically 100% finger foods and bottles now (still loves her bubba). We've tried the sippy cup a little, but she pretty much just chews on it, so that'll be yet to come. Ellie's favorite things right now are Puffs (she kicks her legs and gets all excited when she sees the yellow container), playing chase (she crawls, you chase, and it's even more fun when you 'I'mmmm gonnnna get you!'), rolling around on the floor with Mom, and peek-a-boo with Dad. I don't think we could have asked for a happier baby this past month!

Eating like a big girl. She pretty much just grabs and shoves her whole palm/fist into her mouth, so needless to say mealtime is much messier these days!





Eye smile



Getting into everything



Sassy personality these days. My Aunt bought her this shirt, I couldn't get it all in the picture, but it says 'Cute, petite female seeks intelligent male with full piggybank. Must enjoy finger painting and stuffed animals' =)



Go Huskies!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Cute! I love the 8-9 month age- they're so excited but not yet frustrated or covered in bruises :) I loved her school pics too.

Journey to our baby said...

Nice Huskie's onesie Ellie!

Ms. Boyer said...

NO BOOOO Huskie's onesie Ellie! You need a Wildcat one! :)

Sue said...

Way to go Ellie with the big girl food! I hope to see more messy eating pics - they are the best. Personally, I love the "someday I'll be your boss" shirt ;)

Post a Comment