CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Fifty

This past weekend, Colin, Ellie, and I trecked up to Door County for the Fall Fifty relay race. We went up on Friday night and had a good meal with everyone. The entourage for the weekend was Colin, Ellie, and I, my friend Jennifer, her husband Chris, and their two boys, Andy and Jack, and Chris's friend Annie and her boyfriend Eric. After a late meal on Friday, Ellie and Jack (5 months) were definately ready for bed, Andy (2 1/2) had a little bit of energy left, and most of the adults needed to rest up for the big race so it was a pretty early night. Saturday was race day, so off we went, 3 vehicles, 6 adults, and 3 babes under 3...stop and go, in and out of the car, for 50 miles, which took us just under 7 hours! It was a really fun day, nice weather for the most part (a little windy), and ALL of the kids did great!!! Andy had a blast playing at every checkpoint with Mom and/or Dad and/or Eric and Annie. Annie didn't run so she was able to help out a lot. Jack was just chill all day long. He was a little marshmallow in his layers and bundled up in the stroller. Ellie bounced from car to stroller to being carried to loose in the car when we were waiting. She did so good and even napped 3 times throughout the day. The race was a success, we finished faster than anticipated, and even managed to cross the finish line as a team (with Andy and Ellie too). Chris and Eric were our die-hard runners - splitting 30 miles between the two of them. Jennifer, Colin, and I split 20. For those that know Colin, he really DOESN'T like running so I had to do a lot of sweet talking to convince him this would be fun. Well, it was fun, and he even said he'd do it again next year - yeah! =)

That night after the race, Jennifer and I took Andy and Ellie swimming at the pool which was fun too. This was Ellie's first time in a pool and she was so calm and just loved it. I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, my muscles were so tired, it was hard enough just keeping her contained in the pool area let alone work the camera in there too! =) As it was, I had her all dressed after swimming, and as I was trying to dry myself off and get dressed too, she crawled in a big puddle by the pool! If Ellie is on the floor, she's certainly not still so you have to move quick!

Hangin' out in the stroller



We created a 'play area' in the back of the Explorer for time when we were waiting between legs - Ellie thought it was really fun!



Another time waiting at the halfway point, Ellie thought 'driving' the car with Daddy was SO much fun!



With Mom before her run



And Dad before his



Jack hangin' out in the stroller



Andy was really excited that we were going to run across the finish line with his Dad



Jennifer and I



The three of us at the post-race pizza party. Notice my bling...we got these massive '50' medallions on big thick chains...they were our gangsta medals =)

2 comments:

Sara Boyer said...

HAha, Love Ellie's race outfit! Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I could have done it with you! :)

Stephanie said...

Just think if sara would have did it with you she would have split 20 miles between herself! :)

O and Ellie is driving already! GOod for her! :)

Post a Comment