CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

New York Take 2

Last week I spent 3 days in New York again for work. Once again it was a busy trip, but I did get a few sight-seeing adventures in! I had intended to do some exploring the evening we got there, but instead we sat in O'Hare for 3 1/2 hours so the spoiled that night! =P The next morning though I got up early and walked around our hotel area before heading to work. We stayed right near Rockefeller Plaza, and there was a lot to see and do right there.

Broadway Avenue



Mamma Mia - Ellie's favorite!



Pretty church which seemed really out of place amongst the skyscrapers



Rockefeller Plaza



Radio City Music Hall



The next morning I got up REALLY early again and walked over to Rockefeller Plaza to see the Today Show. It was pretty cool considering I have watched that show forever =) My coworkers were trying to convince me to make a sign, but being the conservative I am, I didn't! Of course then, I got on TV twice! The first time was during the Ambush makeover segment. It was totally staged, but I happened to be right behind the lady that got picked. And then shortly after that, Al Roker was walking around shaking everyone's hands and then stopped RIGHT in front of me again and did the weather. My phone started ringing at that moment, and it was my Mom calling to say "I see you!!!" =)



The Ambush Makeover team coming to get the lucky winner!



Al doing the weather



Later that night, we went up to the top of 30 Rockefeller Center ("30 Rock") to see the city skyline. It was pretty amazing and pictures don't really do it justice. The tallest, brightest building is the Empire State building. The bright, neon area is Times Square. And that's the pretty church all lit up next to it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment