Ellie, Emmit, and I had this conversation tonight. I had to write it down while it was still fresh =) This all started when we saw some neighbor kids ride by on their bikes, 'all by theirselves'!
Ellie: "I can ride my bike by myself when I'm a big kid."
Emmit: "Me ride my bike too!"
Ellie: "Emmit, we can drive a car when we're big kids too!" (Just seeing our teenage neighbor driving away.)
Ellie: "I want to be an ambulance driver when I'm big."
Mama: "Why do you want to be an ambulance driver, Ellie?"
Ellie: "So I can take care of kids."
Mama: "Emmit, what do you want to be when you're big?"
Emmit: "Me want to be a police driver."
Ellie: "I want to be a 'parentologist' when I'm big."
Mama: "What's a parentologist, Ellie?"
Ellie: "They find dinosaurs."
Mama: "Oh, a paleontologist?"
Ellie: "Yes, I want to be a palentongolist when I'm big!"
Emmit: "Me want to drive a dump truck when I'm big. Me want to drive a big tractor too. And a lawn mower, and a three wheeler!"
Ellie: "I want to be a school bus driver when I'm big."
Emmit: "I want to be a BOY school bus driver when I'm big."
Ellie: "I want to be a super hero when I'm big."
Emmit: "Me want to be a BOY super hero when I'm big."
And off they went 'flying' into the house with their super hero arms =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment