CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Thoughts

I have been very emotional these last 3 days. I cannot remove from my mind the fear those little children felt...my mind goes to Ellie at school and her friends and being in that situation. It just makes me sick. I cannot imagine what the parents are now feeling. I want to put my kids in a bubble. I want to watch the news and read the articles but am a basketcase doing so. I don't know what the solution is, but I do believe there will be change as a result of this. I sure hope so.

My Mom reminded me this weekend that I haven't updated in a while. My only excuse is Christmas craziness. I thought I'd do a timely catch-up with happy thoughts to take my mind off things.

I've collected a few funny stories from the kids lately. They do say the funniest things =)

Ellie is at the Feedmill (work) with my Mom, and they are looking at my blog. Ellie wanted to watch some videos I posted from the Fresh Beat Band, but my Mom told her the speakers aren’t working. Ellie took the mouse and clicked something and the sound came on. She then showed my Mom that the volume was on mute =) (Telling Colin this story, he asked if Ellie could check the virus protection while she's at it!) =)

Eli (neighbor boy) and Emmit were playing hide and seek. Eli found Emmit so Emmit froze and said in a monotone voice, "I'm not Emmit, I'm just a decoration..."

Emmit and I were talking about being thankful and I told him that we're thankful for things that make us happy. He then says he's thankful for his 4 wheeler, candy, and his body pillow =)

On a road trip with Daddy, Ellie and Emmit were sleeping in the car. Emmit woke up and got upset because one of his toys had dropped on the floor while he was sleeping. Ellie, seemingly out of dead sleep wakes up then too, and says to Emmit, "It's ok Mr. Twister, your toy is right there!"

Emmit insists on dressing himself - you never know what he'll put on! He goes a little 'layer happy' at times...4 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, things like that =) This was a shorts over pants day.


Thanksgiving dinner! As always fabulous food and fun with family =)


Two of my favorite people =)


Grandma's pies - always a hit!


We might not have a white Christmas, but we had a white Thanksgiving. The kids loved it! We played outside a lot!




The Dads were getting their workout!!





Hot chocolate and cookies with Great Grandma after sledding.



Cheers!


For whatever reason the kids insisted on wearing my Dad's hats all weekend =)


I have so many pictures like this...they're just so cute when they're sleeping =)


Building a fort in all the pillows and blankets. I think we had every pillow in the house in this pile!


Look at me! Princess in an Iron Man mask!


Emmit had his first dentist appointment a few weeks ago. He did not want to go all morning long. I debated on cancelling it, but decided to follow through. Well we got there, and he was still clinging to me through the whole waiting room wait. We then went back and he was sitting on my lap. The hygienist checked his teeth right there, and he did great! She cleaned and flossed his teeth (while he was sitting on my lap), and then painted his fluoride one. He let the dentist check him out too. This was his big happy smile after it was all done =)


And last, Emmit looking to audition for Kiss! =)

1 comments:

Journey to our baby said...

I have been emotional too, it makes me sick and is hard to do "normal" things in live when you know so many are grieving. Julianna got lots of extra hugs over the last few days.

Cute pics, and love the stories :)

Post a Comment