CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mom's and Dad's Days

May, June, and July - Colin and I get spoiled in these 3 months with Mother's Day, Father's Day, and both of our birthdays. The kids love celebrating with us and with help from Miss Kim and teachers at school, we always get the best gifts!

Mother's Day weekend was also bridal shower weekend this year so we were at my parents. I took this picture of my Mom and kids napping...I just love it (she'll probably yell at me when she sees this posted!) The kids all needed naps, and my Mom insisted said they could all take a nap together in her bed. Shannon and I were skeptical, but sure enough, after a few minutes they were quiet and this is what we found...LOVE! =)


Ellie wrote this poem at school for Mother's Day =)


And Miss Kim and the kids made me these footprint signs which are now hanging in our bedroom.


For Father's Day - the kids and Miss Kim made homemade BBQ sauce and painted the jars all fun.


Ellie wrote this poem at school for Father's Day too =)


For Colin's birthday, the kids and I made him a lasagna dinner, Heath bar cake, and they were super excited to give him his gifts - new beer mugs! =)

Colin & kids on b-day


Colin & kids on b-day


They also made him fun cards with Miss Kim




And this cool sign too that he has in his office at work now.


This was my Father's Day/Birthday gift for Colin =) His cousin Greg Kretovic (MichiganNaturePhotos.com) took these pictures - they look AWESOME in our basement. This one is the inside of the Nahma coal burner, just a few miles from Colin's parents house.


And the Lower Harbor Ore Dock in beautiful Marquette, MI.


On my birthday we had grilled salmon (my fav) and Reeses Peanut Butter Cup ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (YUM!) The kids were also excited to give me my gifts and help blow out candles.


They each painted me a new coffee mug.


And I got this cool gift from Miss Kim too...all our family b-days in one place - Grandparents, Parents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins! This is just our immediate families! You can see why June is our second most expensive month behind Christmas =)


My last birthday/Mother's Day/Christmas gift isn't here yet....it'll be the gift that keeps on giving for a while now. Colin and I just got new bedroom furniture - yeah! I am so excited for it to come! Our old bed is going to help our guests sleep more comfortably now (no more complaining about how terrible our guest bed is). We were also able to sell our old dressers on Craigslist, score! Two more weeks and we'll have a new room, but until then we have clothes everywhere without dressers =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment