CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

31 Weeks!

We had another check-up on Baby Girl today. It was a fun one because we got to see her on ultrasound again. This was the follow-up appointment to check her left kidney because it was slightly enlarged at the last ultrasound (10 weeks ago). Well, it was still enlarged, but not so much that the Dr. was overly concerned. As a precaution though, they are going to look more closely at it after she's born. The Dr. did say it's reassuring that we have a girl because serious kidney problems are typically more common in boys. Ironic how last week was MY week of kidney issues...now this week we're looking at Baby Girl's!

We also found out that our little girl isn't so little! She's 4 lbs, 1 oz. already and in the 61% percentile for size. At this pace she'll easily be over 8 lbs if I go to my due date. Her heart rate was 130 so she's still defying the old wive's tale that girls have higher (150+) heart rates. She was also positioned head down with her spine along my right side and her arms and legs out to the left. I really feel her moving when I try to sleep on my left side so that explains that! Hands and feet are always moving away!

We got a few good shots, but she's so bunched up in there now that pictures were hard to take. She had her hands in front of her face so no profile or face shots.

We had the same ultrasound tech that we had 10 weeks ago, so she asked me if we determined gender at that apt. I told her yes, but feel free to double-check since we now have a lot of pink things! Better to find out for sure before I take the tags off everything =) Definately a girl...I can even tell in this one...this is looking up at her butt.



Here's one of her foot. I think it's noticeably bigger from the last foot shot we got - which it should be!



Also, got some news today that was kind of a bummer. My obstetrician who I've seen for years and who has been with me through a lot is leaving. She's moving out of state with her family, and her last day is Jan. 18th (3 weeks before my due date). So, I'm likely going to have another Dr. deliver Baby Girl. I have seen one other Dr. during my pregnancy; two times only, but I like him so that's who I'll choose. Not the end of the world, but still kind of a bummer!

Last but not least is the latest belly pic. I feel really good this week. Weird to think that last week at this time I was in the hospital just coming out of surgery!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Baby has a nice butt and big feet...she takes after me. hehehehe

Post a Comment