CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip to Ypsilanti

This past weekend Ellie and I went to visit the Mayo family. Jamie and I were college roomies for 4 years, but we don't see each other often enough now unfortunately. Since our last visit we are now +2 babies between the two of us! =) The adventure started Thursday night when Ellie and I boarded a plane to Detroit. I was a little hesitant flying with her for the first time (by myself), but quickly realized that flying solo with a baby is a sure-fire way to get random strangers to help you do just about anything. I never had to fold/unfold the stroller/carseat or open a door once the entire trip. Thank goodness for kind strangers and flight attendants, because there is a lot to carry when traveling with a little one! Ellie did great on the flight. On the way over, a lady sitting behind us entertained her with peek-a-boo for I swear 15 minutes straight. Ellie thought it was just SO much fun. On the way home, we just played and she slept a little, and the flight attendants gave her lots of attention. We were in the Detroit airport for about an hour and a half before coming home on Sunday, all of which Ellie slept. So naturally, the minute we taxi away from the gate, she decided it was a good time to poop. I eventually was able to change her once we got up in the air, but airplane bathrooms are small enough as it is. Changing a wiggly infant in an airplane bathroom (on a changing table that isn't much bigger than her) wasn't so much fun. Ellie didn't like it one bit! Once that was over, things were all good again =)

Our time at the Mayo's was a lot of fun. A little busy already with 3 yr old Nathan and not quite 2 month old Ryan; add 6 1/2 month old Ellie and it gets that much more exciting! =) Friday evening we went to the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival for an Italian dinner at the church where Mike's Mom was a pastor. We walked around the festival for a bit, Jamie and Nathan went down a bit inflatable slide, and then we had dinner. After dinner Ryan had a massive diaper blowout and Ellie spit up all down my back, but other than that it was a fun time! Saturday morning we went to the parade where Nathan enjoyed the firetrucks, Ryan slept the entire time, and Ellie was happy as can be. Saturday evening we ordered pizza in and just relaxed a bit. There was even about an hour where all 3 kids were napping in the afternoon bringing the volume in the house down a whole level! =) We went for a few walks, talked and visited, and just let the kids play for the most part - it was a really fun couple of days. We also tested the storage capacity of Jamie & Mike's new vehicle. We now know that the Taurus X CAN fit 3 adults, 3 children, 4 carseats, AND 2 strollers!! The fourth carseat was a funny situation (not sure Mike would say the same after trying to cram everything in though) =) I brought Ellie's carseat to use in our stroller, but didn't have the base to use in the car so we borrowed the Mayo's extra carseat for the car. So, with every outing we brought both - we were packed in tight!

Sunday afternoon Ellie and I got home around 1:00, and by about 4:00 she was just not a happy girl. She was running a fever, rosy cheeks, and just clinging to both of us - no putting down AT ALL - deja vu from a couple weeks ago - I am fairly certain tooth #2 will soon appear. She was really not feeling well, so THANK GOD it did not start any earlier. So, after a great trip, we ended the weekend with somewhat of a long night on Sunday. She was running a fever of about 102 for most of the evening, we gave 2 baths to help cool her down, but then Colin and I took turns sleeping with her in our guest bed most of the night. Around 3:00 am I was able to sneak out and get a few hours sleep alone. Monday morning she was in much better spirits, but still running a little fever so I stayed home from work. Today she's pretty much back to normal, but chewing on things like crazy. Maybe she'll have 2 teeth by the end of the week - we'll see! She even bit my arm the other day! I didn't think it was possible to bite with one tooth, but I had the little tooth print in my arm to prove otherwise =)

Jamie and I with our babies



Ryan is a sleepy little one (unfortunately not so much at night though!)



Nathan and Ellie had a fun time playing with the peek-a-blocks



Ellie with her rosy cheeks on Sunday



Smiles and feeling better on Monday

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

aww Ellie why are you getting a fever all the time! :( Hope your feeling better by Sunday to see Auntie Stephi!! :)

Post a Comment