Last weekend we put up our tree and decorated the house. Only 1 ornament was broken in the process (a few more since), and the kids had lots of fun helping. The ornaments are a bit more sparse toward the bottom and anything remotely breakable up high, but it still turned out cute!
Our mantle
We visited Santa last weekend too. Ellie thought it was great, and Emmit just stared. We even managed a decent picture. Ellie was excited to tell Santa what she wanted. At daycare last week they wrote letters to Santa, and when it was Ellie's turn she wished for 3 things...a princess whistle, a princess dress, and diapers for Emmit =) I think we can manage that - except I need to figure out what the heck the princess whistle is. I was a little annoyed with Santa at the mall though...he (and his helpers) were much more concerned with shuffling kids through and taking money for pictures than any interaction what-so-ever...next year we'll find Santa when he's not at the mall!
This past weekend we had more fun at home. Saturday morning we played outside for a little bit. So little I took no pictures, but for the first time out in our snowsuits it was fun! On Saturday afternoon, Ellie and I went and did a little shopping. We had a long overdue Build-a-Bear gift certificate that needed using, so off we went to build a bear. Ellie thought it was really fun to pick her bear out and make a wish on his heart. When it came to naming her bear, I asked Ellie what we should name it, and her response, "Sally". So, Sally the bear is her new best friend now. I think the name Sally is from Max & Ruby, but I'm not sure? =)
Sally naked
And with her clothes on - a Hello Kitty t-shirt and pink boots just like Ellie! =)
Emmit was his usual mischievous self this weekend too! With Mama's camera...
And climbing up on the counter. He has learned that if he can't reach something, he can push the kitchen chair around and them climb up to what he needs! He was on this counter ALL weekend long - it was a constant game.
Ellie helped me with Christmas cards too. She decorated them very nicely with stickers =)
And we baked cupcakes too! Out of a box of course, but they're still delicious =) Ellie put all the paper cups in the pan, stirred the batter, and then sprinkled, sprinkled, spinkled! We have the sprinkliest cupcakes around (cupcakes, counter, floor...) She would not open her eyes for this picture (sugar high from all the sprinkles was causing some silliness) so here's the best we got! Check out those sprinkles!
1 comments:
Busy weekend and looks like fun!!! You inspire me to actually update my blog more than once per month!
Post a Comment