CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas to all our friends and family out in blogland! Another year is coming to an end, and to that I can say, we made it! 2010 certainly came with its challenges, we started out the year with the kids, 4 and 23 months. It was downright craziness in our house! Now here we are heading into 2011, the kids are 16 and 35 months, it's still craziness, but we've found our groove.

I could never have imagined just how busy life could be until this past year. It was non-stop, but we managed a lot of fun along the way! Here's a little recap of our 2010 adventures...

January
Ellie and I started out the year on the road! Work took me to Minneapolis for a week, so Ellie came along, and we had a great time staying with Wellyn, Sue, Brendan, and Aiden. The rest of the month brought more outdoor fun in the snow and a waterpark weekend to celebrate Ellie's 2nd birthday!





I'm 2!



February
Our sweet Valentines! February was also a milestone month for Emmit (Me), when Emmit decided to sleep through the night! I'm really not sure how I got through Jan. and Feb., working full time and waking up multiple times a night - it was a bit of a hazy blur! =)



March
March was a very busy, very exciting month! The month included a fun trip to Madison to see our friends the Leusteks, seeing Yo Gabba Gabba Live in Milwaukee, and the arrival of 2 new nephews/cousins - Matthew Levi Pomeroy and Henry Steven Luehmann. Add in there a couple fun birthday parties, another trip to Madison to meet Henry, a trip to Orlando for work, and the month is done!

I think I may be getting some teeth!



Ellie in love at Yo Gabba Gabba Live. She was SO obsessed with YGG at one point, and still today likes the show a lot. What's funny now is that Emmit ALSO really likes it. I have to say, of all the kids shows, it is not the worst!



Meeting Henry for the first time!



April
April included our annual Easter weekend in Minnesota. Minus a trip to the ER for a gushing head-wound, it was all good! I also ran my 10 mile leg in the River-to-River Relay to complete an awesome road-trip weekend!

The Easter Bunny was sure good to the Pomeroy clan!



Our relay team...the Flying Salukis will hit the road again in 2011, yeah!



May
May brought unseasonably warm weather and some fun playtime outside! By the 3rd week of the month, we were running through the sprinklers!

It's so nice outside!



Happy Mother's Day!



June
More hot weather in June and more fun outside! We spent so much time playing in the water (slip n' slide and kiddie pool) in our backyard, listening to music, and having snacks on the patio. What great days! I had a great work trip to New York, and we celebrated 8 years of marriage too!

Both kids LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the water this summer!



Happy Fathers Day!



I was a total dork and got myself on the Today Show (twice!) =)



July
4th of July fun, trips to the beach, a great wedding, photo shoots with cousins, and both Colin and my birthdays were highlights of July. A second trip to New York and a fun weekend in Chicago kept us on the go too!

Look at how big I'm getting!





Colin and I in Millenium Park









August
August was Emmit's month with his big 1st birthday and starting to walk! Ellie at 2 1/2 was sassy and full of spunk!





I'm 1!



September
We kicked off September with a long Labor Day weekend in Minnesota for Krystie and Ryan's wedding and another fun weekend with the Minnesota Pomeroys. I traveled to Phoenix for work making for a very busy month! I barely took any pictures this month, whoops!

Emmit quickly gave up his bottle and said bring on the real stuff after turning one =)



After living with us for 8 months, Steph made her way down to Madison. Ellie LOVED having Auntie Stephi live with us and still calls our spare bedroom 'Stephi's room'. It was SO nice having a 3rd adult in the house this past crazy year - we miss you Steph! =)



October
Pumpkins, cookies, and trick-or-treat! Our whole month of October was full of Halloween fun! Two trips to the UP made for a great fall month. Colin and the rest of the Pomeroy boys had their annual 4-wheeling and camping weekend as well.





November
November was a low-key month at home. It rained a lot, and we played inside. Much needed downtime after a busy few months before! A trip to the UP for Thanksgiving included fun with family and memories celebrating Grandma Boyer's life.

I'm climbing now!



One of Ellie's MOST favorite things to do now is color and put stickers on everything! She has a mild obsession with band-aids (like stickers) and can usually be found with multiple band-aids on her arms and/or legs.



December
December is here and Christmas is around the corner! We're finishing up our shopping and wrapping and heading into a sure-to-be-fun holiday week. Ellie is potty trained (whoop, whoop!), Emmit is becoming more of a toddler every day...2011 is sure to bring more adventures our way! Merry Christmas!!

1 comments:

Melissa Ives said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful 2011!

Post a Comment