CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spring!

Time for some blog catch up. Colin and I just got back from an amazing vacation, and I want to write about it soon, but...being the order freak I am, I must post some other things I have been meaning to (from before our trip) =) I am going to sum it up in one LONG post called Spring! Looking back at all these pictures, it's no wonder I haven't had time! These are all from the last the last month and a half or so.

I found this video I took of the kids shooting hoops on one of our warmer days. I hope they like basketball when they get older too! =)



We spent a fun morning at the park with Ryan and Julianna not too long ago. There is a HUGE slide at this park, and the kids just kept going up and down...such simple fun.



Going down together a couple times too...this was just asking for trouble.


Another morning we went to the NEW Zoo with our neighbors. It was a chilly morning, but the kids had fun, and enjoyed seeing all the animals.






We went up to the UP twice in May - the weekend of Mother's Day and the weekend before. The weekend before we had a great time just relaxing at my parents' house. We went to visit at the Feedmill and just played at home. My Dad had the yard all tore up to build his new outdoor burner building, so Emmit was in heaven hauling loads of dirt in the dump truck and riding on the bulldozer. When he wasn't riding, he was digging with a shovel! He played in the dirt for 2 days straight!


r



Mother's Day weekend I went home with the kids then again. It was another relaxing weekend, and on Sat. night the girls went out for dinner at the Stonehouse. We had 4 generations celebrating together - these are times I definitely cherish.




In mid-April I did the River-to-River Relay again with 7 other wonderful people. This event is just so much fun. It's a long haul to get there, and a full day of running, but each year the memories just get better and better. This was year 4 for me, and I can't wait for #5! In the first pic I am bright eyed and bushy tailed at about 5:00 am =)





I also ran the Cellcom Marathon Relay again with all my sisters and my friend Suzy (we were Four Boyers and a Betker) =) We had a great time despite the VERY hot weather. It was so hot in fact, that the race was cancelled 2 1/2 hours in. We finished, but without an official time or place because they shut down the finish line. Here's our team photo and our cheering squad too (with Colin, Matt, and Ryan too)! =)

p



And Ellie ran her first race this Spring too!! One of the Cellcom events is a 1K Kids Run, so Ellie and I did that together too. She was a little shy at first - did not want to run with all the people around, but once the crowd cleared a bit, she picked it up and we ran through the finish line =)









And I have been meaning to post some pictures of Kim and the kids for a while now, but they are all on my phone so I forget. Kim has been our nanny since last September, and the kids absolutely adore her. She does so much with them and is constantly sending me pictures. Here are a few from some of their field trips. They're always going to parks during the day, and recently went to visit the local fire station too. We are so lucky and very thankful to have found Kim - she has helped us tremendously over the last 8 months!







0 comments:

Post a Comment