I love the 4th of July! It is such a fun holiday with family, one we always enjoy going home for, and one that's always so hard to go back to work after. We spent 6 days in Michigan this year - all of which were hanging out with family. We had the annual barbeque, bonfire, and fireworks show at my parents on the 3rd. It was a great time as always, and so fun to see all our family visiting for the holiday. We had 14 people sleeping at my parents, 7 next door at Grandma's, and 7 in my cousin's camper the night of the 3rd! The last people came in from the bonfire around 4:00 am! On the 4th we headed to the parade in Trenary, a town as small as small towns get and also where my parents have their business. I have gone to this parade for as long as I can remember, so of course we'll try to continue the tradition with Ellie as well. It was hot, so it's a good thing the parade is REALLY short! =) After the parade, we had more great food at my parents, and a lot of naps were taken as well! Later that day, Colin and I headed to his parents for the later half of the trip. We pretty much just relaxed at home, went walking, and spent some time outside. On Saturday, Colin and I got together with some friends and took our kayaks out in the lake for the first time in about a year - it was such a nice day! Of course, our time at home went way too fast; 2008 was yet another great 4th of July!
On our way our of town on Tuesday, Ellie and I stopped to visit Daddy on his 31st birthday!! =)

Ellie was all smiles with all the attention she was getting


Ellie's first time at the 'big' parade!


My Uncle Bob, Aunt Laurie, and cousin Jake came from Minnesota for the holiday, and this was their first time meeting Ellie too. Here's Aunt Laurie and Uncle Bob playing with Ellie and Anna.


Beautiful Lake Michigan...Colin and I had a great day on the lake and on the beach!

Ellie also got to hang out with her cousin Max again. Compared to their first meeting, this time around they were both MUCH more aware of each other. It was fun to see them checking each other out! Ellie at 5 months, and Max at 7 weeks.




0 comments:
Post a Comment