The rest of the week went ok, but we had another little wrench in the week with Ellie starting in a new room at daycare. Because she's an official 'walker' now, last week was her first week in the young toddler room. Well, compound new room, teachers, and schedule with not feeling 100% and our week got a bit longer. Mainly, she was TIRED at the end of everyday and nighttime wasn't great still, so by the end of the week this resulted in a very tired Mom and Dad too. This room transition is one of the hardest ones (so I've heard from other Moms). They go from a very lax baby schedule (each kid does their own thing) to a very scheduled toddler day. It's something like this - breakfast, art, playtime, lunch, nap, snack, playtime - every day (we're getting lots of art projects!) =) At lunch they no longer sit in high chairs; instead they have these tiny little tables and chairs - which Ellie has done just fine with from day 1 much to our disbelief (and eating off a plate too!) Naptime is also on a little cot instead of a crib. So, lots of big changes here. Despite last week's hurdles, she's doing great in her new room and has seemed to adjust really quickly.
On Friday, Ellie also had a check-up on her kidney. If you remember, her right kidney has always been a little bigger than 'norm' - just enough so that Dr. keeps checking it. Her last check-up was 6 months ago, so this was just another routine check. As I suspected, Ellie wasn't quite so cooperative with the ultrasound this time around. I had the goo all over me as much as she had it on her. After that little trauma, she was fine though and smiling and saying 'hi' to everyone in sight. Good news is, both of her kidneys have grown (as they should because she's a growing girl), but they are both within normal range now. So no more urology visits - whatever was causing the swelling on the right side has gone away - yeah!
On Saturday, Ellie was feeling a lot better, and Mom and Dad were going a bit stir-crazy after a week of sick, tired, and Dr's visits so we took an impromtu trip to Madison to visit Shannon and Andy. Shannon, Ellie, and I did a little shopping while Colin and Andy watched college b-ball, so it wasn't all that exciting, but just a fun little night away from home. Sunday we got home around lunchtime and just spent the afternoon relaxing and resting. Ellie and I both took a 2 hour nap which was GREAT!
It's been 7 days on antibiotics now, and Ellie seems back to herself. I feel myself coming down with a cold now, but I'm sure after a few good night's sleep I'll be back to myself again too - let's hope so anyway! Here are a few shots from our Madison trip.
I like to ride in the shopping cart (good thing Mom is not a germophobe!)

Auntie Shannon got me this stuffed turtle which I love

Hmm, look what I can reach!

Playing with Auntie Shannon

CLOSE-UP! Ellie loves to get right in the camera now. She also likes to look at her picture after you've taken it (on the view on the camera screen).

Brushing our teeth (which she's doing much better at these days)

We forgot bath toys, but this tupperware was just as fun.

All clean with Mom
7 comments:
Aww...we miss you guys! Thanks for coming to visit! Although, I must say we both got a small dose of what having a kid was like cause once you guys left we both crashed and took naps! Ha! We're such wimps! See you in a few weeks!!!
Finally you updated but I know I am not one to talk! :) Ellie--you can come visit me for a week if you want. I will pick you up in Barcelona. Can she fly alone yet? I miss you! MUAHHHH! XOXO
Now this weekend Ellie's other favorite aunt is coming to visit!!!!!!!! MEEEEEEE! :) can't wait!!
Stacey and Colin, Miss Ellie is just growing up so fast. She's so darn cute and too bad about her ear. Those are so painful for little ones. Maybe one of these weekends your Mom and I can come down. I would surely love that. Take care, Love, Aunt Sandy
Very cute Ellie! Can't wait to see you next weekend!
woah woah woah...you change the background and pictures but no update??? NOt acceptable!! see you tonightttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) You can keep Ellie up past her bedtime too it's friday ;) I'll deal with her crabby butt tomorrow! :)
I think Ellie is flaring her nostrils in that last picture by the way! :)
Post a Comment