CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Girls Weekend, Hunting Camp, and Fun with Kimmy and Friends

I should just call this post random hodge podge, as I'm trying diligently to catch up on my blog! =) This will get me up to Thanksgiving at least...

In early November we made a trip down to Madison to see Auntie Stephi's new house. Daddy and Uncle Andy were quickly put to work while Shannon and I entertained the kids =)



In mid-November, Emmit and Daddy made a trip up to the UP to go to hunting camp with Papa Herb. Emmit was SOOO excited for this trip. I'm not sure he really understood what hunting camp was or that he wasn't going to be spending the entire time there, but the whole idea of it had him pretty excited. He got to go hunting with Papa Herb and Daddy and also to breakfast at camp with all the Pomeroy and Groleau guys which was quite the treat =) While not hunting, he got to play with his cousins, so no complaints from Emmit!


Colin and Emmit left on a Thursday night, and Ellie had a half day that Friday so she got to spend part of the day all by herself with Kimmy (she was very excited for this)! Here she is visiting with Spot and Toby.


While the boys were gone, Ellie and I had a full-blown girls weekend. We had a busy Saturday getting our nails done, going out to lunch with friends, Christmas shopping, getting Ellie's haircut, grocery shopping, and more Christmas shopping...almost 8 hours in total! I love that we can have days like this now. That night we rented a movie and cuddled on the couch. Sunday we went to the Children's Museum and played with friends from school until Daddy and Emmit got home in the afternoon. They were both so excited to tell each other about their fun weekends =)




Ellie and Emmit all dressed up for their tea party. Emmit likes putting his "handsome" clothes on a lot lately =)


I don't even remember what this night was, but the kids are watching a movie with Alden and Caiden. I remember taking this picture though, cuz Ellie is draped across Alden's lap which was really funny. Chrissy and I both said this could be blackmail in about 10 years!


Kim always gets the cutest pics of the kids so I just swipe right from her =) She has a magic wand that always seems to get a smile =)



Ian, Alayna, Eli, and Emmit...this foursome will be spending lots of time together now. Ian and Alayna joined our nanny share part time earlier this Fall, and now started full time in early December. Emmit and Eli refer to them as "the twins" and at first weren't so sure about their new 2 year old companions. Kimmy has worked her magic though, and the four of them now have quite the routine. They have fun "group time" activities together and have even gone on outings to the Y (Miss Kim is brave!) They all seem to be getting along well, and I think it'll be good for the boys. I keep telling Emmit how he needs to act like a good boy because Ian and Alayna want to be big like him - we'll see if that works! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment