CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week 5

This past weekend Ellie had more visitors! Saturday my friend Tatum came by with her daughter, Ariana. Ari was a very good helper making sure Ellie had everything she needed - like her blanket, wipes, diapers, pacifier, and her new rattle! =) Our friends Andy and Ann Bock also came over for dinner and a visit. Sunday was a quiet day at home. We got out of the house for a bit and did some errands, 90% of which Ellie slept through so things went pretty smoothly! A pretty uneventful weekend overall...

On Monday we went to the Pediatrician again. Her next scheduled check-up isn't until 2 months, but she's been really spitty and uncomfortable eating so we wanted to get it checked out. Based on her symptoms the Dr. thought it sounded like acid reflux so she now has an antacid to take 2 times/day and after 24 hours we're already noticing a difference. She's eating and sleeping much better! The Dr. told us that babies that have acid reflux (heart burn) can confuse that with hunger so it can be a vicious cycle of eating and spitting up (and waking up). Hopefully it'll continue to get better and something she'll outgrow. We did get an official weight as well, and she was 9 lbs, 15 oz so 1 more ounce and we're breaking double digits!! =) The Dr. also had the result from her VCUG and like the Radiologist told us everything looked normal. Her Dr. also consulted a Urologist and at this time they don't think we need to do anymore testing, but when she's 3 months she'll have another ultrasound to see whether her ureter has come back down to normal size.

I can feel a cold coming on so I've been doing a lot of sleeping these last few days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ellie doesn't catch it! Here are a few shots from the past week - most of which were taken by Dad.

Ari (almost 2) posing with Ellie for a picture



Tatum & Ari



Colin took this series of shots sitting with Ellie one day. He took a video too, but it's not uploading right now so I'll have to work on that for another post! And yes, she's wearing a Lion's shirt - her Daddy is so proud! =)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post!!!! Finally!! Glad Ellie is feeling better... I miss you guys!! Besos :)

Aunt Sara

Ms. Boyer said...

Aww Colin is such a good dad! I can't wait to see Ellie again! The picture of her yawning is so cute! :)

Brooke, Scott and Madelyn said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to see her. Also, I wanted to let you guys know you inspired me to create a blog, too! (thelindbertfamily.blogspot.com) It's helpful for family that we don't get to talk to much or people who are far away. ttyl!

Brooke and Scott

Anonymous said...

Ellie yawning, is she watching the Lions play- I know how she feels!
Auntie Deb

Post a Comment