CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

1 Month Old

Ellie is 1 month old today! Her birth still seems like yesterday, but at the same time it seems like it was so long ago! So much has changed in this last month! We are definately noticing changes in her every day. We don't have an official weight (no Dr.'s apt. again 'til 2 months), but my unofficial standing on the scale with her makes me guess she's between 9 and 10 pounds now. It's definately obvious that she's getting bigger in how her clothes fit. She's already outgrown outfits that she was drowning in as a newborn. She's mostly in 0-3 month clothes now, but I'm noticing some of the onesies are getting shorter - she has a long body - so we may be trying the 3-6 month for some of those. She's graduated out of newborn diapers into Size 1 as of this week! The hats also fit on her head now and don't fall down over her eyes =) We're noticing a few little rolls on her legs and belly and a little double-chin that wasn't there before. I think of any part of her, the change is most noticable in her face. Her eyes are still very blue, so it'll be interesting to see if they change being that Colin and I are both very brown. She's making more eye contact now and is really close to a legitimate smile. We've gotten a few smirks here and there, but not a definite smile yet. She's making a lot of sounds, and we've nicknamed her 'Grunty' as that's the most popular one =) Sometimes I am shocked that she DOES NOT have a dirty diaper with all the grunting she does! The last 3 baths have been very calm so maybe we're turning a corner there. Her favorite things right now are our living room ceiling fan and sleeping with/on Mom or Dad. She'll sleep for hours sprawled out on your chest. With the few short car trips we've taken she's also really good in her car seat - usually right to sleep. Hopefully that keeps up when we really start going places. Ellie's public outings have been limited to the Dr's office and to one friend's house - the price you pay for being born mid-winter at the peak of cold and flu season! Hopefully the weather warms up soon so she can wear more of the cute outfits she has. So far it's mostly been lounging around the house with mom. Here are some shots from this past week. Sara and I did doll her up for a photo shoot at least =)

All dressed up and nowhere to go!







Look how tall I stretch!



2 weeks and 4 weeks with my pink doll



I really like to sit up with help from Mom or Dad





Dad giving me elf ears



Auntie Sara had to head back to Spain yesterday so we brought her to the airport. Ellie was in a ceiling fan trance here.



Looking at the camera (kind-of)



Bye bye Auntie Sara



Tuckered out after a busy day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.. I miss Ellie already! Javi misses her too even tho he hasn´t met her :) Make sure to keep taking pics of her with the pink bear! Love u!! BESOS!!

Auntie Sara

Ms. Boyer said...

I miss her toooooo!!!! I can't believe little Ellie is one month already!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacey--

Ellie is SO cute!! Shannon shared your blog with me! I love her new one month pictures--so precious! Enjoy this wonderful time! :)

love,
elizabeth (Andy's sister :)

Anonymous said...

she has a zoolander pose!

Auntie Steph and Joey

Anonymous said...

What is your skype name by the way?? We want to chat with you guys via webcam!

Aunt Sara

Post a Comment