CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE

This past Sunday, Colin, Ellie, Emmit, and I took a day-trip to Milwaukee to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live. Ellie has LOVED (LOVED, LOVED, LOVED) Gabba since before her 1st birthday so this was her birthday present from Mama and Daddy - a few months late, but well worth the wait. The show was REALLY good - non-stop entertainment and fun. Both kids were so wore out when it was done and slept all the way home =) This seems like it was the grand finale for a long phase for Miss Ellie. She's recently liking Dora A LOT, and even asking for it INSTEAD of Gabba now. I think our Gabba days may soon be done!

The show started out like the TV show does, with DJ Lance walking across the screen to the opening music, but this time when he JUMPED out of the screen, I cannot describe the look of shock on Ellie's face. I was in tears watching her. It was a look of awe - like the most famous person in the world was right there before her! Right at the beginning there was a really loud burst of fireworks and streamers and the music got REALLY loud, I think she was a bit scared even, but in total shock is all I can say. Emmit totally freaked out at this point too, but once he got used to the noise he was ok from then on =) The show was from start to finish - REALLY loud!









She had to bring Brobee in. She had been talking about 'going to see Gabba' for a while before this, but I don't think she really knew what that meant until we were there.



Non-stop singing and dancing...they were saying to keep kids out of the aisles - yeah right! This wasn't the greatest venue for a kid's show, but there sure were a lot of people! We're not the only Gabba nuts apparently =)



Ellie is dancing with her white balloon here. She wasn't too happy when Daddy wouldn't let her go any further!







Ellie got a balloon which created much drama - she kept wanting to throw her balloon, but didn't realize it was a bit too busy and crowded for that! She also kept making her way up the aisle closer to the stage! Balloon popped later that evening when we got home - MELT-DOWN!







I said the music was loud - it was really loud. The show was described as a preschool rock concert on the tickets - that was pretty accurate! The band playing here is called The Aquabats - they were the 'Super Music Friends Show' guest...



A Packer and a Seahawk (former Packer Colin informed me)...I don't remember their names, but they got the kids dancing! Biz was also there to do his beat of the day - a popular skit on the show.

3 comments:

Journey to our baby said...

Glad you guys had fun!! I was hoping to see a pic of the twins :)

Leah said...

You know, I have no idea what Yo Gabba Gabba is. Looking at your pics, I recognize the red thing from the Kia car commercial. I can only assume it's just a matter of time before Miles is into all of these things.

Sue said...

So cute! What an awesome family memory ;) Mean daddy not letting her go up the aisle! Hehehehe

Post a Comment