I absolutely love that just about every night of the week we have dinner together as a family. It's even more fun now that we can actually have conversations with Ellie. Emmit likes to mimic and listen to what's being said (and throw food) =) This last week, Ellie's really made us laugh with a few lines that I wanted to capture for the memory book.
First last week...I don't even know what we were talking about, I just remember that at one point Ellie said this, "Daddy, you're not listening to me! You need a time out!" (Side note: 'Not listening' is a phrase that Ellie is hearing herself a lot lately...did I mention pushing buttons in my last couple of posts?)
And tonight...usually our dinnertime chat consists of what Ellie did at school, who she played with, and what she learned. After that tonight though, she turned the tables on us and said: "So Mama...what's your day today?" It was so funny how she said it, the intonation and everything, like she was REALLY interested. I proceeded to tell her that I had a fun day with my friends too. =)
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ellie's so funny! I think the pushing buttons stage and the saying funny things stage coincide so you don't loose your cool during the pushing buttons stuff... or at least it helps :)
Post a Comment