We are getting ready for Halloween here! Ellie decided early that she is going to be a 'pretty princess'. When we went to the store to pick out her costume, amongst the various princess options, she picked Ariel from the Little Mermaid. So, along that theme, I found Emmit a cute little crab costume =) Next week is going to be a fun-filled Halloween week with their daycare parties on Thursday, Ellie coming trick-or-treating to work with me on Friday, heading to Madison to see Shannon, Andy, and Henry (who's going to be a fish!) on Friday/Saturday, and then home to trick-or-treat again on Sunday! Colin and Andy are driving to Iowa to see MSU vs. Iowa football on Saturday, so Shan & I are having a fun-filled Halloween day with our Little Mermaid trio =)
Here's Ellie in her costume, over her clothes. I had to hide the costume temporarily, because she wouldn't take it off for like 2 days and it was getting dirty (and not the most durable thing!) This was like the first week of October! =) She picked some 'flowers' behind our house and was putting them in a vase for Henry here. And do you think I could get a smile?? No! Ellie is quite the little 'button pusher' these days!
A weekend morning at home. Both kids have their pumpkins, but for some reason the purple one is a constant thing to fight over. I seriously think Emmit just takes it BECAUSE he knows Ellie will get mad. Emmit has also learned how to push buttons recently - his sister's! He will walk right up to her, take whatever she has, turn around and run. It's endless entertainment in our house these days.
Last weekend we headed up to the UP again. It was Grandma's 87th birthday and a great weekend with family. I will post more on that later, but here are a couple cute pics in Subway on our way up. Ellie, Emmit, and I drove up to Green Bay to meet Colin after work, so here we are waiting and having a snack =)
And this is kind of random, but I thought it was cute. Colin, Ellie, and Emmit Skyping with Uncle Ashley in Pakistan sometime before it got cold judging on everyone's attire =)
2 comments:
Nice to hear the Emmit is filling the role of "younger brother" nicely! At 1 year old Cody was the same - he did things just to get under his sister's skin. Hold on, it only gets better :)!
Cute costume!!! It will make for great dress-up clothes when Halloween is done. Can't wait to see what Emmit will be? Princess and the frog? beast? Hmmmm
Cute Ellie, love the crown too :) I also love how Emmit is going after Ellie now!
Post a Comment