CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

38 Weeks

We're getting closer...less than two weeks now until Baby Boy is due. I am doing well still, but definitely getting more immobile. My total weight gain so far is actually less than what it was with Ellie, but it definitely seems to be more concentrated in the belly area this time. My feet are swelling with the 85+ weather this week, but I guess one hot week in the summer isn't much I can complain about. I'm good with hanging out in the a/c. People keep telling me I've gotten off easy - we had the coldest July on record. At my Dr's appointment last week, he did an internal exam and said my cervix was starting to thin, but no dilation yet. I also asked him to estimate Baby's size....just based on feeling my belly, he said about 7 lbs. So, if Baby's growing like he should be and goes full term, we should be expecting about an 8.5 lb. little guy. We'll see how good his estimation skills are soon enough. He did say boys are typically bigger than girls, and second babies are typically bigger than firsts, so that's about right I guess...Ellie was born at 7 lb, 8 oz (1 week early). I still don't have my bag packed (much to Colin's dismay), but is on my list to-do this week =) I've been having my 'water breaking at work' thoughts lately so started parking a little closer in case I need to make a quick exit. Back to the Dr. tomorrow...

Here's the belly...growing by the day it feels like now!

4 comments:

Ms. Boyer said...

WAHOOOO! I can't wait! Come early baby!!!!

Leustek Family said...

You look great Stacey. I can't wait to meet Baby Boy. Hang in there!

Sara said...

You look super mommy!

Stephanie said...

babbby!!!

Post a Comment