CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

39 Weeks

39 weeks and 1 day and still pregnant. This is far as I made it with Ellie. We are down to the wire now. The pre-due date pollers are running short on time, but there's still a chance. We actually have an induction scheduled for Tuesday morning, the 25th - right on our due date, so anyone in the option 2 or 3 camp has a good chance of getting it right =)

Baby is still growing...and moving...making me very uncomfortable, but otherwise feeling good. It's just a matter of time, so we're ready and waiting.

I've been thinking about the things I'm looking forward to in the upcoming weeks. Obviously meeting our Baby Boy and all the joy he will bring, but other things too...

Ellie's reaction to her baby brother...could be good or bad, I'm anxious to see.

Sleep...sounds like an oxymoron with a newborn soon to enter our lives, but even if he gives me more than 2 hours at a time (which I'm hopeful), it'll be better than what my bladder's allowing now.

Long walks outside...I haven't been able to do much walking the last month or so...my upcoming fall maternity leave is something I'm very much looking forward to.

'Checking out' from work for a while...we just went through a crappy period of layoffs and reorganizing...I'm looking forward to returning to work later in the year when the dust has settled.

Clothes...non-maternity...with a winter and now a summer baby, I have a maternity wardrobe for all seasons and have already happily lent my 'cooler weather' clothes to a friend due in October.

Sushi...have been CRAVING lately.

Running...will have a few weeks before I can do this again I'm sure, but anxious to get back at it. I will miss the relay season this fall, but try to shoot for some Spring runs again.

A lot to look forward to very, very soon!

One last belly shot for the record!

4 comments:

Aunt Gretchen said...

You still look beautiful, Stacey!....baby and all. And it certainly looks like it's all baby! Our thoughts and prayers are with you during these last days. Soon little "Elliot" (my name for the little guy :) will be here.

Brooke said...

We'll be thinking about you during these next few days. We hope all goes well for both you and baby boy. We are excited to hear your news.
Take care!

Abby said...

How exciting! Our boys are 21 months apart and out pediatrician said when they are under 2 years- they get used to the baby really quickly and it usually goes fairly well. We haven't had one problem yet. It will be fun to have them so close- it's crazy with two no matter what. can't wait to see the photos.

Journey to our baby said...

what do you mean before I return home from WI???? The rehearsal is in a half hour....I am going to call and see what's going on!!!

Post a Comment