CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

36 Weeks!

We are counting down the days until Baby Boy arrives! Just over 3 weeks to go! I am visiting the Dr. every week now, and everything is going good. My belly is measuring 'on track'. At my last appointment Baby was head down in the right position. I can tell he's growing too...my belly really seems to have grown just in the last few weeks. I've had to retire some maternity clothes already because they're not big enough. Baby is still moving quite a bit, which is getting a bit more uncomfortable for me. Sometimes he hits spots that are pretty sensitive down in my pelvis. He's also putting lots of pressure on my bladder making sleeptime very interrupted. I keep telling myself that at least I can sleepwalk to the bathroom and RIGHT back to bed though - how that will change in a few short weeks. Overall, I am still feeling really good. All relative to my last pregnancy, this has still been so much easier. This one hasn't come with any of the sickness that was non-stop last time, so for that I am very thankful. Amazingly, despite a summer pregnancy, this one's also come with a lot less water retention. I can still wear my wedding ring now - last time, I think I had to give it up around 7 months. It's just been very, very different.

As far as when Baby will come, it's a guessing game. I was induced 1 week early with Ellie due to a kidney stone (which I've had none of this time either, yeah) so that's really not a good indicator. I am still working and being as active as I can, so I guess we will just wait and see. I have asked my Dr. about inducing, and he told me he'd consider it anytime after 39 weeks with this being my 2nd. Ironically, he's on vacation my 39th week...so, we may be planning for 40 weeks and 1 day, but we'll see. Baby could still take matters into his own hands before then though I'm not getting my hopes up...take your guess on the poll.

The belly at 36 (almost 37) weeks...

2 comments:

Ms. Boyer said...

Of coure this pregnancy would have been different...Miss Ellie is one of a kind!!! :) I can't wait to meet baby boy...I hope you go early so that I can have more summer time helping you guys out and visiting me niece and nephew!!!

Sue said...

You look great! Ellies' room is just adorable ;)

Post a Comment