CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

4 Months

Emmit turned 4 months on Christmas Day so I'm a little late on this. His wellness visit was just this week though so I thought I'd wait and put everything together. So, we'll call this his his 4 1/2 month update =)

Emmit continues to be a happy boy (when he's not sick!) We've had some sickness running through our house these last couple months - bleh! He smiles a lot and easily, and he giggles too. We've discovered that Emmit is VERY ticklish so that's an easy way to get a giggle most of the time. Emmit has recently discovered his feet, hands, and tongue. He's always sticking his little tongue out and smiling. He is very grabby these days and chews on EVERYTHING! It sure seems like teeth are coming, but I remember saying that forever with Ellie too. I guess we'll see...he's drooling and chewing non-stop though. Emmit likes to talk - he will just go on and on and really loud sometimes too.

At his Dr's check on Monday, Emmit weighed (drumroll, please...) 19 pounds, 2 ounces putting him in the 95th percentile. He is a chunker - rolls galore! He is also 25 3/4 inches long (75th percentile) and has a 43.5 cm head (90th percentile). In summary, Emmit is a BIG boy. He's in 6 or 6-9 month everything now. We pretty much skipped the 3-6 month phase. Emmit's eyes have also turned to more of a hazel than blue now. Maybe brown down the road, we'll see.

I'm looking at the 'normal 4 month old' list I got at the Dr's office the other day and one of them is 'usually sleeps through the night'. Definitely FALSE in our house! Sleep has NOT been Emmit's strong point this last month, some due to sickness, some due to screwed up holidays schedules. All I can say is I'm glad we are home for a long stretch now - we need some routine in this household (for everyone!)

We have started solid foods and so far Emmit really seems to like his rice cereal. He's also tasted sweet potatoes and pears. Our little chubber likes to eat so I don't think new foods will be a problem for him =)

Emmit really like looking at himself in the mirror, playing stand-up/sit-down, and when Mama does her 'Emmit lifts' (have been doing some strength training with my 19 lb. weight) =) He really likes his sister and will instantly calm down if she's around. He's also said 'bye bye' to the swing and 'hello' to the Exersaucer. Ellie will let him use it now. He wants to be upright all the time so he can check things out. His big milestone this past month was rolling from his back to tummy. He loves to be on his tummy, but will get stuck there now so we need to roll him back every now and again. Emmit is a happy, chunky, and easy-going - what's not to love?

A couple cute close-ups of our happy boy! I love his little dimples =)





A few of his chubbiness...



Check out this side-by-side with Ellie at the same age. They were the exact same length at 4 months, but Emmit is 4 pounds heavier!



And his rolling...a funny story about his first rolling experience. He was working up to it for a couple weeks before Christmas (getting REALLY frustrated stuck on his side). Well the Tuesday after Christmas we were at my Uncle's b-day party, and Emmit was at it again - on the floor stuck on his side, but this time he made it! Little did he know though that everyone was watching him, and when he finally made it, we all cheered. Poor Emmit didn't like the cheer too much - he got SO scared - just screamed for like 10 minutes after that. It took him a couple days to work up the courage to roll again, but now it's almost instantaneous if you put him on his back.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Darn that is one cute boy! Next time bring him too :)

Shafik said...

Hi Stacey! I saw this link on Jen's blog, so I thought I'd check out the kids... they are adorable! I am very surprised about Emmit... he weighs more than Isaiah (and he is 7 months old!) But, I must say he is so cute. I'm glad all is going well for the entire family! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is a chunker, but SOOOOOO cute!!!!!:)

Mrs Luehmann said...

Oh good job Emmy! He is so darn cute...I can't wait to see him again! Bring him to the shower!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Stacey and Colin & Ellie,

Emmit sure seems like a happy little boy and so darn cute. Ellie, you sure have a cute little brother.

Love,
Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Good Job Roly Poly!! Can't wait to see him soon :)

Come cheer on Auntie Sara in Pulaski this weekend. ;)

Post a Comment