The day after Christmas was the annual Big Bay Alumni basketball game. Colin and all of his brothers played. Ellie, Max, Brendan, and Aiden enjoyed watching in the stands (and all the treats they got too!) Ellie was YELLING 'HI DADDY' so loud...it was really cute.
The brothers after the big game =)
Brendan and Aiden
Ellie and Max thoroughly enjoying their Cheetos and then their caramel apple suckers - can you say mess???
And we can't leave out Emmit...
Uncle Wellyn working his baby magic and making Emmit smile. We were trying for some giggles, but no luck.
Grandma and Grandpa with all the kids before everyone headed home
On Sunday, Colin headed back to Wisconsin with my sister, and the kids and I headed back to my parent's for 3 more days. We had a great time just lounging at both my parent's and grandparent's houses, visited our friends the Laginas, and went to my Uncle Darryl's birthday party.
On Monday, it was FREEZING, BLOWING, and SNOWING so hard...it was snowing sideways. I took a picture out the kitchen window, but it doesn't really give the full effect. We didn't go anywhere except bundling up to make the 100 yard dash over to Grandma's house.
That day we had a really fun time at Grandma's in the afternoon. Ellie really likes going to Grandma's for "coffee". Afternoon 'coffee clutch' at Grandma's has been one of those lifelong traditions that I can always remember doing. Somehow I haven't acquired the taste for coffee (shocking in my family) so while Mom and Grandma had their coffee, Ellie and I had our hot chocolate. Ellie also had lots of fun dancing - one of her most favorite things! The Mamma Mia soundtrack is her FAVORITE - she would ask to put it on right when we got there.
This rocking horse was mine when I was Ellie's age.
Ellie dancing to one of her favorite songs. She has 2 moves =)
Grandma's house is so warm and cozy...Emmit couldn't resist sleeping everytime we went over there!
Emmit enjoying his measuring spoons
I peeked in on Elie napping. She had about 15 stuffed animals around her head!
What to do on a cold snowy day - color!
I mentioned a couple birthdays as well... This year, Colin and I decided to try and 'simplify' Christmas a bit. With families as large as ours we're spread pretty thin over the holidays. So, this year we didn't go to my Grandma's on Christmas Day knowing I'd be able to spent time there after Christmas and also because we had 2 other gatherings for birthday celebrations. I think I've said before that this is the BIRTHDAY family - no exceptions! The Wednesday before Christmas we kicked things off with a surprise 40th birthday party for my cousin Kevin, and the Tuesday after we all got together again for Uncle Darryl's 60th birthday. Our family gatherings are so fun - I love it!
Kevin walking into his garage for the big SURPRISE!

On the way to Uncle Darryl's party, Ellie wanted me to take a picture of her cool new shoes from Auntie Steph.
Emmit looking cute in the car
Uncle Darryl blowing out his candles with help from Ellie, Anna, and Hailey.
Finally on Wednesday the kids and I headed back to Wisconsin. This was our car coming back - it was PACKED! We have spent the last 3 days unpacking and organizing all the new stuff!
1 comments:
Ellie has totally cute shoes in every picture! The black boots, crocks and the nike's. if only every girl was so lucky!
emmit is really losing the newborn look. such an adorable little man!!!
Post a Comment