CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year, A Look Back

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 2009 was a busy year for our family...here's a little look back.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: 2009 in Review
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Not only are we in a new year, there's a new decade upon us as well. This got me thinking about all the things we've done in the last decade. I'd have to say it was probably the most life-shaping decade Colin and I will have in our lifetime.

2000-2001 - The end of our college years. This Spring will mark 10 years OUT of college for Colin. This past December marked 8 years for me. We have so many wonderful memories from college, but it seems like a lifetime ago now.

2001 also brought us 9/11. I remember exactly where I was when first hearing of the attack on the World Trade Center - in the hallway just outside the Chemical Engineering office at MTU. It was 3 months before my graduation. I was fortunate to not personally know anyone lost in these attacks, but today, 8 1/2 years later...my cousin, Jamie's, husband, Tripp, is serving in the Marines in Afghanistan; Colin's brother Ashley is serving in the Air Force in Pakistan. Ashley travels to work everyday in an armoured vehicle. We pray for their safety and that the violence will someday soon come to an end.

2002 - June 22nd marked the start of our married life together. In August we also bought our first home. We have a lot of wonderful memories from this year.

2003-2007 - Working, coaching, having fun, repeat....this was life for 5 years. Colin was coaching high school basketball; I coached high school and club volleyball. We were running to practices, games, or tournaments almost every night of the week from August - March. During the days we worked. The nights we didn't have games (or even on the nights we did after the games) - we were out with friends. We certainly had our share of fun =)

2006-2009 - Starting our family. January 31, 2008 brought us beautiful Ellie Ruth. August 25, 2009 brought us handsome Emmit John. These two blessed babes have forever changed our lives. Thinking back on these years I also cannot go without remembering our baby lost - the most heartbreaking experience of my life. These 3 years were certainly life changing.

Overlaying all of these years, this was our decade of travel. Work took me all over the United States many times over (more trips than I can even recall) and to China for almost a month. Colin and I also did our share of vacationing...Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, California, Texas, Oregon, Alaska, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Spain. Not to mention many, many road trips all over the Midwest visiting family and friends. We love to travel and I know we will continue to.

So what will the next decade bring...our children growing from babies to toddlers to young adolescents...our 30s...more travel as a family and vacation get-aways for Mom and Dad =)...babies - maybe, maybe not for us, but certainly so for those close to us...we sure have a lot to look forward to in this upcoming year and the years to follow! Happy 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Stacey !

Love, Aunt Sandy

Journey to our baby said...

Cute!!! Here's to another decade together!

Post a Comment