CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lazy Day

Today is a lazy day at home. It's cold outside so napping and watching college basketball are taking up most of the day. The Carlson family is coming to visit tonight so it'll be fun to see all the kids together.

Last night we had to bring Ellie for a lab test at the hospital. When we were in the hospital, they took a blood sample from her heal to register her birth in the state of Wisconsin. Well, apparently, someone didn't take the sample quite right, so we had to bring her back for them to redo the test. She was sleeping so peacefully up until they pricked her heal and then came the painful cry. I was crying too so Colin had to be the strong one. I know it'll never be easy to see our baby in pain, but think it must be the worst when she's so little. I don't know when babies get all their shots, but I'll need to mentally prepare MYSELF for those visits! At least she calmed down pretty quickly and went back to sleep.

Here are some random shots from the last week...

Auntie Steph took this picture the other day and I just love it.



Snoozing with Dad



She's so tiny in her carseat. So far, with the few car trips we've taken she doesn't mind being buckled in there though so hopefully that keeps up.



Sara and Javi spent last weekend vacationing in Portugal. I thought this was a nice picture of them...that's Lisbon in the background. Auntie Sara will be home in 2 days to meet Ellie =)

1 comments:

Jamie M said...

When Nathan got his first shots, I literaly cowered in the corner because I didn't want him to associate me with shots and I didn't want to see him in pain... it does get easier as they get older. Now Nathan cries but can be easily subdued with the offer of a sticker or cool bandaid! Be thankful you didn't have to deal with a circumcision :) Talk about feeling bad!!

Post a Comment